There are a number of websites dedicated to helping people with keeping their computers and themselves safe while on the internet. If you are looking for an in-depth review for yourself, you might find Stay Safe Online and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) have some more information for you.
Here are some basics to help get you started.
- Check for viruses, rootkits, keyloggers and malware regularly
- Please make sure you've set your computer to update automatically to get updates and patches to your operating system and software
- Keep your password secure. Don't write it down, send it via email, select remember password from a computer that isn't yours, or tell anyone (even your brother/sister/best mate, etc.)
- Do Update Adobe Flash to avoid malware from using vulnerabilities to infect your device.
- Do not use the same password for your email and your Armor Games account
- Always sign out of your account on the site, Facebook and email address.
- Be sure to clear forms, passwords, cache, and cookies in your browser on a regular basis.
Common termsMalware is can be found in the link.
Free Security Tools
This is one of the more in-depth lists (and the page itself is free of advertising) to locate tools/software for your consideration.
If you are under the age of 18, please make sure that you are talking with your parents about installing software so that they can work with your to find the best software tools that work for your computer/device.
I think my account was hacked
You'll want to contact our team to report the compromise.