Commonly asked questions about the Steam Platform
Please note that if you are having difficulties with your Steam account, our support team cannot assist you. We do not have access to this information as it's a concern of privacy for the Steam support team. You will need to reach out to the Steam Support team to get help.
New to Steam?
How do I contact Steam Support?
"Visit https://help.steampowered.com for help with your issue." Note: You will need to log into your Seam Account before you can continue.
Why can't I access certain Steam features?
My account is a Limited Account.
"In order to protect our users from spamming, phishing, and other abuse, Steam prevents some accounts from accessing certain community and social features." For more information about Limited Access accounts, please visit the Steam Support page.
My computer seems to be crashing or displays a Blue or Gray screen. Or your computer restarts, you are forced to restart the computer.
Please visit this link for some Steam suggested solutions
Will my operating system will run the Steam Client?
- Mac - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=81
- Linux - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=97
- SteamOS - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=102
Basic Steam Troubleshooting can be found here, https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=85
Reporting Game Problems to the Armor Games Support Team
For game related problems and errors, we're here to help you out if we know the cause, and will report any new bugs. The Steam Support team will not be available to help you troubleshoot an error with the game and will likely ask you to contact us or the devloper to get help.
I'm having a problem with my game. Is there something else that I can do to try and solve this myself?
Sure thing. We have attempted to set a section aside for the community to work together and solve a problem. We'd suggest checking the discussion page for your game in case other players have run into the same thing and have posted a workaround. In addition, the Steam Support page is a great resource for some of the more commonly reported (across multiple games) errors. For example,
- Games do not run after 'Preparing to Launch'
- Are there programs that may interfere with my game?
- Antivirus software reports Steam games are malicious.
- Achievements are not displayed in the Steam UI overlay but are showing up in game
As well as the more common solutions that you can try. If your game will not load, please sure you are always launching Steam and the game as an administrator to rule out any compatibility or permission related causes.
I need to report a bug, what information should I send?
In order for us to make sure we get all of the information that the developers need to test your report, we'll need the following system information.
- OS and Version (i.e. Windows 10 64-bit)
- Your Steam ID
- RAM, how much you have
- The version of the game that you have installed. The location will depend on the game. So if you are not able to locate it, please let us know and we can help guide you.
- Additional details as applicable to the type of report.
- If this is sound related, we'd like to know what sound card you have and what driver version.
- Likewise, if this is a visual glitch or the game crashes after loading up, what video card and drivers you have installed. As well as your DirectX version if you are a Windows gamer.
- A detailed description of what went wrong, or what didn't happen as you expected.
- Any error message and details or a screen capture or an URL where we can see the picture or video.
- Were you playing offline or online?
I do not wish to report my bug in the Steam forums, how else can I contact you?
You can contact us via our support contact page.
Have a sweet Steam link that we missed? Please post a comment on my profile and let me know!